Playboi Carti - Die Lit
May 11, 2018 (updated Aug 20, 2018)
FINAL VERDICT: Building off the sounds he first began exploring on his self-titled debut, Die Lit sees Playboi Carti really living up to his album title as he outdoes himself on his sprawling sophomore album. Every ad-lib, claustrophobically minimalist instrumental, and guest feature is employed to maximum effect, allowing Playboi Carti to hit every note his sound is capable of manifesting. Sure, it may be a little long-winded, and it took me (and many others I'm sure) time to warm up to Carti following his sound through to its logical conclusion, but if you give it the time of day, Die Lit is an intriguing, mesmerizing addition to the trap canon, one I've found myself constantly revisiting this year.

HIGHLIGHTS: LONG TIME, R.I.P., LEAN 4 REAL, LOVE HURTS, SHOOTA, POKE IT OUT, FELL IN LUV, MILEAGE, CHOPPA WON'T MISS, R.I.P. FREDO

FIRST LISTEN (43): If you put all the songs on this album into a Google algorithm they would all combine into one song consisting solely of Pi'Erre Bourne's recycled drum preset and Carti mumbling wat wat wat wat wat before imploding and creating Skynet, who will then proceed to deactivate Soundcloud, restoring hearing to millions in the process.

EDIT (53): +10 because i was writing the hardest chemistry exam of my life today when all of a sudden my brain started screaming "MILEY CYRUS, CATCHIN BODIES" and I burst out laughing in the middle of the exam hall.

EDIT #2 (60): WAT WAT WAT BRR WAT WAT

EDIT #3 (70): I don’t very much care for the second half of the track listing, save perhaps Mileage and Choppa Don’t Miss, but the first 8 tracks remain some of the most intriguing and revisted hip hop I’ve listened to this year.
May 12, 2018
LMAO
May 12, 2018
This website needs dislike buttons
May 13, 2018
@McKnightyxx indeed, some peeps just don't understand shit round here
May 14, 2018
How do I delete someone else's comment
May 14, 2018
mood
Sep 2, 2018
Top 10 anime comebacks
Sep 2, 2018
Going path the new wave of trap music as like young thug did with barter 6.
Dec 6, 2018
Technically this is his debut album.