Matmos - Plastic Anniversary
I feel like theres been a certain backlash against experimental music in recent memory because a lot of experimental music has gotten to a point where it seems like groups are almost competing against each other just to see who can create the most obtuse-sounding, "difficult" and inaccessible music possible. So what I think makes Plastic Anniversary so great in comparison is its emphasis on being, above all, fun.

The record zips, bounces, and clatters across its run time with the exuberance of a teenage boy with front row tickets to a Victoria's secret runway show, and despite offering challenging textures, timbres, and sounds, the record never loses sight of its desire to entertain audiences as much as it wants to warn them of the omni-present effect of plastic in our lives. In naming the record Plastic Anniversary, Matmos also celebrate not only their real life romance, but a look back on the duo's storied career, having sampled everything from liposuctions to washing machines, and in light of this newfound maturity, Plastic Anniversary sounds more colourful and cohesive than anything they've done in the past. Here's to hoping Plastic Anniversary grants the duo the recognition they've always deserved.

Now remember to bring a reusable bag the next time you go grocery shopping for fuck's sake.
I agree. Experimental music, too many, has become a contest of who can make the weirder and most non sensical album. It is kind of "generic" now to make dark experimental and pretentious (in a bad way) music.
21h ago
Yes, I will use a reusable bag as alvvays uwu