BTS - MAP OF THE SOUL : PERSONA
Apr 15, 2019
Hmmm what’s bothering me is people not giving an honest review. Some of you giving them a low review just because you don’t like the fan base which is unfair. Also why do people keep mentioning bots, quit it and start acknowledge the huge achievements they made. Now I personally love the album and think it’s one of their best. I find it’s amazing how they were able to reference singing in the rain in their music video. It’s nice to see artists staying true to themselves and doing what they want and not what other wants them to be, so it’s nice to see it’s what they did in this album.
peachym0chi's Tags
Apr 15, 2019
Alright lemme try and reason for you and give you our perspective.
The way that we see it as people who are on the site frequently is that we put a lot of time and effort into giving a listen to a wide variety of music. There are plenty of people in this site who over thousands of albums they've listened to. And the more albums you listened to better critiquing you can give on music, since you've heard a lot more stuff that's out there.
Apr 15, 2019
Now, that's not to say that any of you haven't done that. But what I'm trying to get across is that we put a lot of time and effort into finding what are considered the best albums, and the effort we put into it. So it can be really frustrating to have a bunch of people who have never used the site that rate this and only this (yes there are some that I've seen that have rated a few other things) start essentially rigging the system when you've barely put any work into this site at all.
Apr 15, 2019
the main issue here, cosmilk, are the people that use the site but instead of writing a honest review after actually taking the time to listen to the entire album and pay attention to the lyrics, are rating a straight 0 or 10 or whatever simply because it’s kpop, or simply because it’s about this particular group, or because there are fans wanting to give their honest opinion about the album (which is just very immature and childish and has no justifying at all to be honest).
Apr 15, 2019
Oh no I definitely agree on that. Obviously, this is still a really small site, so some people don't take reviews as seriously. At the same time, there are some of us who have actually started to write detailed reviews that reflect what a review should be. Take someone like ThrowbackGmac, for example, his reviews are some of the best and most personal on this site. He's been blowing in the last month as well, so it shows that people here do enjoy those reviews.
Apr 15, 2019
And even some of the people who are rating it a certain rating just because it's K-pop still have a lot to contribute to this site, it's just that when we have an unnatural influx of 100s on an album like this, some people try to 'average it out', as something like this that's happening is absolutely unnatural and should not happen. Do I stand by that decision? Not really, I'm just giving you some perspective on where they're coming from.
Apr 15, 2019
BTS are the worst k-pop group, GIRLS GENERATION are the best ha ha ha
Apr 15, 2019
@chutbarn shut yo dumb dumb smurf lookin headass no one asked #NoOneAskedChutbarn
this is bullshit
Apr 15, 2019
fakeplasticrose is about to have their review beaten by a BTS stan

what has this website come to
Apr 15, 2019
You and I both know damn well you're not giving an honest review either.
rip aoty
oh my god
oh my god
Apr 15, 2019
Just because bts music doesnt speak to you all doesnt make it any less of deserving of a rate of 100. I have seen the lyrics these boys write. Their music brought my daughter out of a dark place and many other. They have amazing videos/ great personalities/ and the albums connect in a way I have never seen any other boy group do. So yes I will rate it 100 and you all can stay mad about it.
HOly fuck
I hate people.
Apr 15, 2019
WHY DO YOU ALL FUCKING CARE ABOUT PEOPLE SAYING THAT AN ALBUM YOU LIKE IS BAD ON AN IRRELEVANT WEBSITE GOD DAMN
Apr 15, 2019
fakeplasticrose will not be happy about this...
seokjin gay lol
Apr 15, 2019
...seeing these replies is really... it seems people just want to be assholes without others calling them out
Apr 15, 2019
if these bts stans hadn't raided the website we'd be giving our actual ratings (which aren't just 100s)
Apr 15, 2019
Are you serious?! Normally an album, even a really popular one, gets no more than one or two hundred ratings, and now this one gets over 1000 users giving it 100? It's a fucking joke, and either it's bots or it's a cancerous fan base caring too much about what people on an irrelevant website say about their idols
AOTY for sure
Apr 15, 2019
im genuinely scared because i cant tell who tf is a bot or not in this comment section
Apr 15, 2019
Says the person who created an account just to give it 100... if it weren't for people like you, others wouldn't be throwing straight zeros
holy shit, they even deployed reinforcements by favoring 100 rated reviews, jfc
Apr 15, 2019
OVER 100 LIKES PEOPLE! EVEN BRAD'S MOST LIKED REVIEW DOESN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THIS.
What the fuck literally
BTS를 이해하려면 높은 iq가 필요합니다.
Y’all just haters cause you can’t be as Gucci Swag as BTS. Just admit it
*Gives a 100
Apr 15, 2019
So criticism is dishonest but a hivemind fanbase coming in and leaving only perfect scores is an honest reflection of the album's quality? You can still be a fan and criticize the artists work, honesty is a valuable component of loyalty.
Apr 15, 2019
@MidnightLime that's a fucking follow
Apr 15, 2019
Sksks it’s funny to see how upset some of you guys are. You are supposed to give an honest review and that is not what you guys were doing and you can tell by your comments. You people are literally saying you are giving it a bad review because you don’t like the fans and some are even being racist like plz how old are you guys because you guys are being immature. Have a good day 💜
Apr 15, 2019
@peachym0chi Actually, I read that in your review so I wrote a fair and honest review. I gave this multiple listens and kept an open mind. Honestly, you should try 4(x), another K-Pop group with a bit more versatility. Anyways, heres my review in response to you:

Apr 15, 2019
I gave it a 2.9/10, that is my honest review. So was it incorrect?
4/10. Honest.
Apr 15, 2019
when you have to gather an army of 1k+ people and growing to rate an album a 100 to affirm that it is great, it really says a lot in itself about how tone-deaf, skewed, and biased the raters and the rating really are.
Apr 16, 2019
please go back to twitter you thot
Apr 16, 2019
It’s very hypocritical to ask for this site’s people’s honest opinions when most of you came just to rate this EP because you can’t stand our honest opinions. And this is coming from someone who actually likes some of BTS’ music.
Apr 16, 2019
Bruh you just fucking murdered aoty
4.9/10
Is it ok now?
Apr 16, 2019
Ariana Grande icon, "sksksksks", bts stan, probably 16. please go back to twitter
Apr 16, 2019
Uh, the reason why most of these are 100’s is most likely due to the fact that they know the message behind the music and are genuinely in love with it.
Apr 16, 2019
imagine rating an album about social issues, their fans, and mental health lower than a song about partying. you guys have no taste at all
Apr 16, 2019
@kiddier you know there's a thing called rating things based off... the sound of the music too

a song could be really deep but sound absolutely awful
Apr 16, 2019
guess my honest rating of 3/10 can't apply to this.
Apr 16, 2019
How to make a valid argument: Botting your review to the top of the site just to validate your uWu crush band. Please, if you want to talk about your opinion freely without criticism, please do it that doesn't fundamentally break a site to prove it.
Apr 16, 2019
She’s not botting anything, people just agree. And most of the lowest ratings are because they don’t like the fan base or that they are a kpop band. I don’t usually comment or rate here since I don’t think I’m qualified, but I’ve seen enough of the other ratings and critiques that it’s kinda obvious that most of them didn’t really listen to the album or just didn’t care to give it a fair chance.
Apr 16, 2019
Is this the most-liked review on the site? Please tell me it’s not. Please.
Apr 16, 2019
sadly it is. we're in the endgame now
Apr 16, 2019
My record has been surpassed. End of an era guys. Was a good run.
Apr 16, 2019
Welp, Over 150 likes and most of the Recent review comments are BTS, this website is mess now, this website isn’t about talking about music and sharing your opinion,it’s literally a blame game for who started what. I’ll come back when this bot war is over.
Apr 16, 2019
but the things here user rakksmells people on this site not even listen to the song. they just rate low beacause of the fans. make it make sense
@kiddier suck my 2-inch dick, you waste of oxygen
Apr 16, 2019
Guys, we are literally talking to a brick wall, they won't listen
[hidden]
Apr 16, 2019
Fighting won't do anything, it just makes you become hateful.
Apr 16, 2019
Go watch Lizzo’s Coachella performance! It’ll cheer you up :)
stop botting your review
Apr 16, 2019
@kidwithguns uwu i get it you edgy
DOMO ARIGATO MR. KPOP FANO. Go and fuck yourself in the assholo
Apr 16, 2019
look at how they've massacred my website
Apr 16, 2019
It's very sad, (as someone who actually puts time and effort to review and recommend music), to see this great website being treated like a joke. Not only is it incredibly dishonest to bloat ratings by accounts who don't use the site, but it's also a slap in the face to every good reviewer which helps promote and filter the subjectively good music from the bad.

I wont hurt my integrity as a reviewer and rate this a '0' to "fight against the bots/stans." I trust the staff at AOTY will do right.
BTS stans are unbiased
This hurts
Pls stop this I don't want to go back to the shit hole that is Rate Your Music
Tbh, back in the day (2012) Kpop is extremely popular in Asian country, all the fans are actually fucking crazy, they act the same way (idolising their looks instead of the music). Now when Kpop is popular in America, all the stans still acting the same way. Kpop stans never change.
Also kpop music never change as well, they are using the same song structure in almost every songs
This is a disgrace
Ooga booga booga.
if music cured your depression
you didn't have depression
Just because bts music doesnt speak to you all doesnt make it any less

jesus christ, we are immature as hell
17h ago
And just like that, she was dethroned.
alimaria