AJ Tracey - AJ Tracey
Feb 8, 2019
It's a really solid debut album from the west London rapper/grime mc. This may sound weird, but he's somewhat UK's A$AP Rocky for me in a way, not sonically, conceptually, stylistically, he reminds me of Rocky in the sense of him not needing to spit complex and thoughtful lyrics. Everything these two rappers say just sounds cool af, and you can't help yourself to not just like it. AJ Tracey is a self-proclaimed arrogant prick, which is always showcased within his music, but he does it with such charisma and personality which makes you just love him, kinda like Rocky.

AJ really put out a body of work which showcased all sides and styles to his music, yet made it kind of cohesive which I'll give him props for. Because that's for sure, you will get lots of different sounds on here, you get; trap, fastpaced grime, 'melodic rap', Caribbean dancehall, techno-inspired, grime, even the country influenced "Country Star".

This project was exactly what I wanted and expected from AJ, basically a collection of versatile singles who all work great on their own but also works within the album, I sse myself going back to this a lot this year.
Comments