Ratking - So It Goes
Jan 8, 2022
I reviewed this a while ago, but i feel like i was too stingy with my rating (i gave it a 87). I genuinely think this is a classic for experimental hip hop. It’s so much fun while also being gritty. If you like artists like JPEGMAFIA, clipping., Danny Brown, Injury Reserve and Death Grips there’s no doubt in my mind that you’ll enjoy this.

Ratking was a New York underground hip hop group, comprised of rappers Wiki, Hak and producer Sporting Life. This is their debut album and what it essentially is, is a lighter version of industrial rap mixed with elements of trap and quite a few dope ideas. Wiki and Hak are on their A game, describing New York in gritty detail. Sporting Life though deserves a lot of credit, the beats here feel experimental, noisy but at the same time smooth. In the end it all came together very well. Shouts to the features too: King Krule and Princess Nokia bring extra energy.

Favourite Tracks: Eat, Canal, Snow Beach, Puerto Rican Judo, So It Goes.

Classic, Strong Nine /9

where r they now?
Jan 10, 2022
@Yea From what I remember they split up over some differences. If I remember correctly Sporting Life and Wiki didn't see eye to eye with Hak. As for your question, Wiki has had an impressive career. He even dropped an album last year that was entirely produced by Navy Blue. It ended up being 7th on my personal top 10 albums of the year. Sporting Life has been dropping instrumental/compilation albums, in all honesty I haven't checked them out. But I don't know what Hak is doing, I've never even looked into him.
Jan 10, 2022
hmmm i hope they doing well in their future career

AOTY January Playlist