Armand Hammer & The Alchemist - HARAM
Nov 20, 2021
First of all I’d like to thank y’all for 200 followers, and thanks for supporting my reviews. It means a lot to me. Now this is an album that i reviewed back when it released. I gave it a score of 75, this is what i said about it:

“This is my opinion based on only 3 listens, so it’ll probably change as time goes on. Projects like this really need time to sit with me so this is really just a first impression. Ironically i have the same complaints many people had with their previous album “Shrines”, the album feels a bit one note. I actually prefer Shrines over this (gave it a score of 85), it had a dark abstract rap feeling going for it. This one though feels a bit too rinse and repeat, there are tracks that really stand apart, but for the most part it’s just the same sounding mellowed out grimmy production. The feature list is packed with amazing artists but to my disappointment a lot of them didn’t really deliver. Overall I still really like this, it’s my kind of rap. I guess I’m just waiting for it to fully click with me.”

In my defense i was suspecting that it just hasn’t clicked. Everything that i said in my original review, I disagree with now. Alchemist’s production is amazing, even though i like it when they rap over less refined instrumentals. This ended up being a nice change of pace. I don’t even know what i was saying about the features being underwhelming. Curly Castro had a fantastic verse, i still make a stank face every time i hear him say “ Fuck Puff, survivor's remorse should keep him fucked up”. Even Earl and Quelle Chris had fantastic appearances. Both Elucid and Billy Woods were in top form. Some of the songs featured them singing and it was very welcome. All of the tracks are linked with different samples and sounds in the outros, it really makes the album cohesive. Please don’t ever remind me i gave this a 75. It has been one of the best listens of the year, and in turn one of my most listened to records of the year.

Favourite Tracks: Wishing Bad, Falling out the Sky, Stonefruit, Sir Benni Miles, Chicharonnes.

Light Nine /9