AOTY 2021
JPEGMAFIA - LP! (Offline Version)
Oct 22, 2021
Let me start of with the most shocking thing. Peggy dissed Elucid and Billy Woods (Armand Hammer) on the track “The Ghost Of Ranking Dread”. That’s so crazy to me, I’m really interested to see how this unfolds. It’s also kind of sad in a way.

Now i’ve only checked out the offline version, and it’s also the only version i’ll be reviewing. This is the version that Peggy, stands behind as an artist. So i don’t really see the point in giving my thoughts, on a version where he couldn’t, freely artistically express himself. On his last albums JPEGMAFIA was innovating experimental rap in unique ways, he’s always been pushing the boundaries. But here he doesn’t really push for change, he builds on sounds he already established. That’s a positive for me, he polished up his approach and the result is a refined album. I still think i like Veteran more, but I wholeheartedly appreciate the direction he’s moving in. Also i think this is his most accessible work. It could be a good introduction to experimental hip hop for newcomers, since it’s not that harsh or rugged. Some of his best instrumentals are on here, and he honestly keeps improving as a rapper. I really recommend this!

Favourite Tracks: HAZARD DUTY PAY!, BMT!, END CREDITS.
Oct 22, 2021
Amazing review, brother.
Totally missed the Armand Hammer diss, I need to go back to that one.
Oct 23, 2021
@DonCorleone Thanks man and I’ll catch you up. So on the song “The Ghost Of Ranking Dread!” he says stuff like “third eye rapping ass n*****, NOI flows with pork for an image” he’s referencing the album cover of Haram. “ n***** named after baking soda, but he never touched no fucking coke in your city”. Arm & Hammer is a baking soda product, so it’s a direct shot at them again. “I see you blur your face for the ‘Gram, I blur your face forensics” This one is directed at Billy Woods since he always blurs his face for videos and pictures. There’s a lot of other jabs at them in the song, but these are the one’s that confirm it’s about them. Also lmao Elucid tweeted this: https://twitter.com/elucidwho/status/1451530976509796355?s=21
Oct 26, 2021
why did he diss them, that's so stupid
Oct 27, 2021
@emomu Well they’ve had some bad history, to say the least. It all started with JPEGMAFIA producing the song “Oblivion Reflex” on Elucid’s “Shit Don’t Rhyme No More” album. Peggy ended up giving the same instrumental he used for this song, to a IDK freestyle. Apparently that made it so Elucid had to legally remove the song, from his album since it used the same beat. So on the Armand Hammer track “Leopards”, Elucid’s whole verse is basically dissing Peggy. He’s also talking about this situation, how apparently Peggy lawyered up and he had to remove the song. The reason i was so surprised is, that i never subscribed to the theory that this song was about JPEGMAFIA. But it’s quite obvious now that Elucid’s verse on “Leopards” is directed at him. Hope I explained the situation well.
Good job on the review!
@Brando thanks man.
Oct 27, 2021
Good thing you're only reviewing 1...- those comma splices were rough!
Oct 27, 2021
@BRAZZERS English isn’t my mother tongue. So writing In English, can be quite hard for me. No need to be, that bitter about it though.
Oct 28, 2021
DAMN I had no idea this was shots at Armand Hammer, Billy Woods is one of my favorites and so is JPEGMAFIA so to see shade thrown at either direction is a bit puzzling.
Oct 28, 2021
Yea great review
Oct 29, 2021
@candid Peggy tweeted this, a couple of hours ago: https://twitter.com/darkskinmanson/status/1453782225292455936?s=21

Elucid even retweeted it. So looks like the beef is squashed. I love how this became a Peggy vs Armand Hammer diss thread lmao.
Oct 29, 2021