Benny The Butcher - Tana Talk 4
Aug 1, 2022
Definitely a return to form for Benny. I know I’m probably in the minority of people, who didn’t actually like “Burden of Proof” and “The Plugs I Met 2”. But here, he brought it back to the style that made me a fan of Griselda in the first place. Before i get ahead of myself, this doesn’t reach the quality of the previous Tana Talk record nor the original Plugs i met EP. I wasn’t expecting it to though. I don’t think we’ll ever return to the golden days of Griselda, and that’s okay. They’ve evolved, however they did lose the rugged, gritty sound that made me a fan. The features here are for the most part solid. With J. Cole standing out as having one of the best verses. I gotta say i was expecting more from 38 Spesh. I was hoping to get another track on the level of “Sunday School”. But the lines didn’t stand out and the instrumental was very bland compared to the older material. I thing that rings true for the overall album, there weren’t many memorable lines. The production was good but for the most part forgettable.

I don’t think i have anything else to say. Good album, some songs I’ll probably be returning to. But if i’m gonna be in my Griselda mood. I’ll probably be listening to their older albums.

Favourite Tracks: Johnny P’s Caddy, 10 More Commandments, Tyson vs. Ali, Billy Joe.

Strong Seven /7

2w
“I make sure everybody eat, yeah, i think like a socialist“.
The Marxian Economist coming⁉️⁉️⁉️
1w
dudeee you gotta do Conway
1w
@DonCorleone excited to give it a chance, will def review it soon!