Spillage Village - Spilligion
Oct 6, 2020
I was very suprised by the overall style of this record because the singles were so different to how the rest of the album sounds. They opted for more of a gospel/ RnB hip hop record. Despite the surprise style, this album is great.

The vocals on all of the tracks are heavenly, vocals like these aren't just great on the ears but the soul. When matched with the production on this album, the vocals are so uplifting. The entire group comes together perfectly to make such cohesive tracks.

When the group does go for a more hip hop style track they do it very well. Baptize is such a banger with amazing production and jid in particular has a fantastic performance.

The hooks are great on this record. They are so uplifting and catchy. Psalmsing, end of daze and oshun are tracks in particular that I think have amazing hooks. They all hit all the great notes with their amazing singing.

The production, like the rest of the album, is great. A few of the beats here do more for the track by being less extravagant. It allows the listener the really pay attention to the vocals but not being so quiet that the production seems too quiet and therefore pointless. Oshun is a prime example of this.

This album may not be the instant classic, perfect album I thought I could have been but it's a damn good record.

Best trscks: end of daze, psalmsing, baptize

Worst tracks: mecca, judas