Benny The Butcher - Burden of Proof
Oct 17, 2020
The production on this album is top notch, I love the samples used on most of the tracks. Where would I go in particular has a nice sample. The track sly green has a very diverse beat. It's a bossy, hardcore hip hop beat with a futuristic twist, it comes off very nicely as one of the best beats on the album. The beat which takes the cake though is found on the track timeless. There are quite a few different layers to it but it is all so cohesive and overall just slaps.

Benny the butcher's verses are definitely his strong point. He's so consistent, not a single verse I though was bad on any of the tracks. He has good flows with a very solid, confident delivery. Benny does need to work on his hooks though. I found his hooks to be inconsistent. Timeless and famous have pretty solid hooks but one way flight to be quite mediocre. There were also a surprising lack of hooks on his songs which I found strange, maybe I'm stupid and this isn't that weird I don't know. If he does work on his hooks for the next record though and keeps his verses to the same quality as they are on this album, then his next record will be amazing.

The features were almost perfect. My personal favourite guest performances were from Conway the machine, big Sean and queen naija. Only feature that wasn't amazing was Freddie Gibbs as I wasn't a fan of his verse on one way flight but his verse was pretty good.

Best tracks: timeless, over the limit, thank God I made it

Worst track: new streets, one way flight
Comments