Tame Impala - Currents
Jan 10, 2021
ALBUM SWAPS (With MickyT)
Episode Two: Currents by Tame Impala

It's been a little while since our first album swaps episode but here we have the second episode. MickyT has assigned me to listen to 'Currents' by Australian single act, Kevin Parker, or more commonly known as tame impala. This is Tame Impala's 3rd studio album and from what I'd heard, it is widely considered to be Kevin's best album as well as 'Lonerism'. Going into this record I had a vague idea of how this album might sound as I had heard a couple tracks on this album from being in discord calls with friends. From the tracks I heard, which I really liked, I expected some really nice vocals and the instrumentals to be breezy and atmospheric and overall I had a positive mindset going into this record.

Now I knew I was going to like this record but little did I know that this was going to be one of the biggest vibes I've ever heard. The production is quite litterally the best I've ever heard on any album I've listened to. Its dreamy atmosphere is absolutely fantastic. With its outstanding synths and tame impala's simply brilliant vocals which float perfectly over the dreamy production. It is truly an album which I can just float away too.

Tracks like 'The Less I Know The Better' and 'Eventually' have amazing riffs. 'The Less I Know The Better' in particular is one of the catchiest riffs I've ever heard with Tame Impala once again providing outstanding vocals.

This albums themes are fantastic too. As Kevin Parker expresses all of his emotions. Whether that be on the track 'Cause I'm a man' in which he questions his masculinity and overall self worth. Or on the track 'Love/Paranoia' which is about a relationship in which he is in fear that he is being cheated on despite that not being the case.

Quite simply, this album is perfect. Thanks mick for the suggestion

Best tracks: let it happen, the less I know the better, new person same old mistakes
Phillip's Tags
Great review! :)
@Cry thanks
based
Jan 10, 2021
I think this might be based
Based as fuck
Jan 10, 2021
@Chode thank you for verifying that this is indeed "based as fuck"
Aoaystheory