Kanye West - The Life of Pablo
Nov 29, 2020
This has grown on me a tonne. This is by no means kanye's best album but as far as albums go this is great. Just a couple weeks I would have given it a light 7.

Now the main issue with this album is that it is a complete mess of an album and really lacks cohesiveness. Despite this, the tracks individually are great and boil down to a lot of what kanye's done before and does after this album. 'Ultralight beam' is a beautiful, soulful track with outstanding vocals. It reminds me a lot of quite a few of the tracks found on kanye's 2019 release 'jesus is king' more specifically 'use this gospel' but much better. 'Father stretch my hands pt.1' is an amazing feel good track with silly lyrics which kanye has been known to do all throughout his career.

This album has great production all throughout which is expected from a kanye album. 'Feedback', 'no more parties in LA' and '30 hours' all have outstanding beats with kanye performing admirably in them all. Now there are a lot of tracks with great production but with how large the tracklist is, there are bound to be a few duds. 'Highlights', 'freestyle 4' and 'wolves' stand out as tracks which come off as really lackluster especially when compared to the rest of the tracks found on here.

This album is filled to the brim with features, with most of them performing very well with Kendrick Lamar, the weeknd and Chris brown being my personal favourites. Kendrick Lamar has an amazing verse on 'no more parties in LA' whereas chris brown and the weeknd produce amazing vocals on their respective tracks.

Best tracks: ultralight beam, no more parties in LA, father stretch my hands pt.1

Worst tracks: freestyle 4, wolves, highlights
Nov 29, 2020
Great review! :)
Nov 30, 2020
@Cry thanks
Dec 5, 2020
How could you say that about Wolves?
Dec 5, 2020