Have a Nice Life - Deathconsciousness
Feb 27, 2019 (updated Nov 8, 2019)
Before: oh wow, they use the painting I like in the cover, wonder what this will be like :)

After: arrowheadsarrowheadsarrowheadsarrowheadsarrowheads

This album. How the fuck was this made by two people? I don't even know what to say. It's grand, gigantic, explosive, massive, dark, otherworldly in places, and just...wow. It's almost impossible to review this album, because it has so much to say and do and exist that it's almost unlike anything else I've ever heard. It's an album, while not perfect, is so goddamn large in both scope and sound that it's almost gut wrenching. It's an extremely dark record. It's like if The Cure, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Joy Division had an incredibly depressed baby, yet still feels entirely original. From the industrialized drums to the emotional vocals, to the excellent bass playing and soft keys and guitar, it's an extremely intricate and harmoniously gorgeous piece of filth passing through the listeners ears. And for some reason...this album strangely numbs me.

Listening to this record is like going for a hike. While I don't go on the journeys daily, everytime I do there is something so mindbogglingly spellbinding that it stops me in my tracks and forces me to think about things I didn't even know i'd want to think about. But instead of a brisk walk through the forest, it's a dark ass record. The lyrics match the darkness, with intimate poems being matched with a story about literally killing God. And as someone who has gone through a "Big Gloom" themselves, (I don't really like talking about it) these lyrics are so goddamn interesting, honest and downright tear-jerking at times. It's a wild ride that some way not really get a lot out of, but it's one of those records you pop on expecting it to entertain, but you come out the other side somehow different. I don't know if this is a 10 right now, but I feel like the more I inspect this record, it's going to become something bigger in my life.

Favorite Jams: Earthmover, Holy Fucking Shit: 40,000, Deep, Deep

Lest Favorite: The Future

3y
This is an amazing album, and yeah, I can relate to a lot of what you said. This album is a cathartic release, in the best sense of the word