Xiu Xiu - A Promise
Mar 26, 2019
before listening: haha girl with a basket of fruit! haha penis! haha i'm happy!

after listening: don't worry, mom don't worry, mom don't worry, mom don't worry, mom

Holy shit this album is dark lyrically. Do not listen to this album if your having a depressive episode kids, because if you do, this album will fuck you up. It's a painfully emotional record filled with some of the most heartbreaking and saddest tracks I've heard in a while. It's a pitch black record, but in that darkness is something similer to light, but not quite. The instrumentation really adds to the tension that the lyrical content provides, with the attention to detail being something other level. The entire time I was listening to this for the first time I was in genuine awe, waiting for the next turn to hit me in the gut. It's a dark, depressing listen that will not be for everyone. But in a strange way, I didn't come out of this album horrified or scared or even uneasy. I came out of this quite calm. This is clearly a album that was personal and meant so much to Jamie Stewart and Company, and for this album to come into itself the way that it did, it's all quite calming. It's light around the darkness. And it will fuck you up. And that's kind of all I need to say. Go listen to this album. Now.

Favorite Jams: Pink City, Sad Redux-O-Grapher, Blacks

Lest Favorite: 20,000 Deaths for Eidelyn Gonzales, 20,000 Deaths for Jamie Peterson
Mar 26, 2019
they need to put explicit stamps to each tracks from all of their albums for warning. haha. thanks for this. cant wait to listen!
Mar 26, 2019
@smallpeeble it's an experience to say the least