Injury Reserve - Injury Reserve
May 16, 2019
Hello! And welcome to Album of the Year reviewer tutorial!
Step One: Being a New Zealander on this site is like a constant lottery win, because we get records a day early, meaning that I can put anything in this review and because it's early, the algorithm helps me out and I can be a shameless whore every Friday!
Step Two: Make sure no one does a review more then 5 likes before you post. Hell, I'm probably too late to this record, because I didn't wake up on the spot at 1am!
Step Three: Write a witty intro so that people become invested in the review and laugh. Hell, if you want, you CAN make the witty intro the review for quick likes.
Step Four: Write about the music. This step isn't important apparently.
Step Five: Rince and repeat every Friday until the day you die for constant immidiate validation until the day you eventually look back at my life and have a slow crushing realisation that I wasted my life on meaningless numbers based off of meaningless opinions, then I'll crack and pull the life support out myself goddamn it!

Anyway this Injury Reserve album slaps harder then my dad after a couple beers.

So fun fact: I'm actually going to see these guys live soon, and after listening to this album I'm actually scared about my safety. This production is almost god tier, and this is easily Injury Reserves best sounding album, switching from the brash to the beautiful in an instant. It's like a punch to the face but at the same time its so in your face and experimental at places that your less punched and more overwhelmed. Hell, it gets almost Daft Punk levels of good at points, with technology and geek culture coming in to craft some of the BEST production I willmost likely hear all year.

But at the same time, it's one of their most personal albums to date. Many of the verses here talk about stress in the industry, depression, family, love and loss, but they portray these subjects while also having so much fun with the music. The heavyness of the song subjects only aid in the music, with such emotional, heart felt pop ballads being mixed in perfectly jawbusting bangers, creating the best Injury Reserve album to date.

Hell, with an song that teaches you how to make a rap song in one of the tracks, it's got to be one of the quirkiest, weirdest and best rap albums of the year. Do not sleep on this, this will probably be one of the best records of the whole year. Injury Reserve are on their way to becoming the best trio in modern experimental hip hop.

See? Step four really isn't important! Hahaha! Help!

Favorite Jams: GTFU, Jailbreak The Tesla, What a Year It's Been

Lest Favorite: QWERTY Inturlude
GOAT review
And this why AOTY will never be RYM
Lmao
May 17, 2019
Yeah but it makes me feel good.
best review ive seen
[hidden]
You're quickly becoming one of my favorite reviewers on the site man <3
douchey
May 17, 2019
@boneless shoegaze thanks man! means a lot!
May 17, 2019
Step 1, listen to the album.
Step 2, contemplate your first impressions and relay it on a draft on word doc.
Step 3, listen to the album more.
Step 4, write your review.
Step 5, be pipepanic.
Step 6, make everyone love your review and make them support the artist.
Step 7, repeat steps 1 to 6 for every other album.
May 17, 2019
@ahhhhh that's actually shockingly accurate to how I actually write (apart from steps 5-6), thanks for the support!
May 17, 2019
Make Sure You Subscribe For More Tutorials Like These!
May 17, 2019
I wrote something about the subject on that first paragraph bit, but it looks like you beat me to it đŸ˜… (and more efficient too)
May 19, 2019
This is a personal attack
May 19, 2019