Denzel Curry - ZUU
May 30, 2019
H01Y 7UCK! This album has me SWEATING!

So, Denzel. One of the most talked about 'underrated' rappers in recent memory, nearly every record this man touches turns to bangerific gold. From the ambitious and experimental TA13OO to the filled to the brim banger fest of 32 Zel, ever album this man has made has been at lest talked about every time it rolls around. I mean, me staying up at 1AM in the morning just to hear a album is something that I didn't really And, after the Goliath of creativity that was TA13OO, the question on everyone's mind was simply: what do you do after you give your all?

Well, if each album in Denzels discography was a film, this would definitely be Crank. because it's like the audio equivalent of a classic action film. The fun, upbeat and pure banger fest energy that this album gives off is exciting as hell. Put this album on at a gym and you'll burn calories while your just sitting down. It's almost the perfect summer album, something to jam out while moshing your ass off in your room. This isn't TA1300, but goddamn if these hooks and flows infectious. Hell, this is one of the hardest albums of 2019, because it's all killer and no filler.

The production, while nothing groundbreaking, compliments Denzel's exciting flows perfectly. Although the sample in WISH had me laughing my ass off, the sounds off this album fit so well with the sunny and blissful qualities of this record that it's hard to hate it. And technically, Denzel is at his most playful. He's perfected his delivery and flow to the point of perfection, and this victory lap-esq energy that beams from the record is damn addicting. It's Denzel achieving his dreams right before our very eyes, and he's eating it all up! I mean, for a album to have me audibly gasp at a rappers flow then it's gotta be doing something right!

In short: It's not another TA13OO, but it's not trying to be. It's a new experience. It's Denzel at his catchiest, his most positive and the most banging. It's probably one of the most fun projects I've heard all year, and it's infectious personality and earth shateringly loud bass isn't one to fear: it's one to love. If this is Denzel Curry taking it easy, then we may be looking at the greatest MC to come out in the last decade.

Also BANGERS FOR DAYS!!!