Pink Guy - Pink Season
Jan 11, 2019
Maybe doing an actual album is against some sort of unspoken comedy rule, but oh well. It's a fine album, stuff both with actually good tracks, funny tracks, and strange oddities that even most die hard Pink Guy fans are perplexed by. One minute, you'll be having fun enjoying hilarious cuts like "Goofy's Trail" or "Nickelodeon Girls", or enjoying some interesting and well made trap bangers such as "Are You Serious" or any of the food tracks. But then...something like "Another Earth" or "D I C C W E T T 1" comes on and it just kills any chance of actual enjoyment. Although, I guess that's the point. It's supposed to be a kind of 'fuck you' to anyone listening. Which is a shame, because Joji can make extremely interesting, memorable and exciting rap tracks. And I wish he continued in the vein of tracks like 'Are You Serious' or 'Fried Noodles', because it's really great stuff. (I'm aware he doesn't want to continue with the Pink Guy stuff, but could he have carried over the excitement over to his Joji projects?) And maybe that's enough for some Filthy Frank enthusiasts, but I know that Joji has the potential to create something amazing, that's being held back. I just wish he had the opportunity to really show his potential.

Favorite Jams: Fried Noodles, Rice Balls, Are You Serious