King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Murder of the Universe
Apr 10, 2019
Jesus, God, Lord in the tittyfucking Heavens I wish this was just 3 really long tracks. This album, as i'll state, is extremely good, but JESUS CHRIST does splitting the three tracks up like this help anyone? I guess for newcomers it makes the songs easier to digest, but sooner or later they are just gonna become accustomed to these THREE LONG SONGS and just listen to the album like so. It's a damn shame that we don't have a version that is just three long songs, at lest on streaming. It would be so goddamn helpful and good to have the whole track on one song. It's an issue that i've had ever since I'm In Your Mind Fuzz, so please will someone release this long-play version of the album for streaming? I get that local files exist, but...come on man!

I absolutely love this sound when the band decides to go full force in batshit amazing creative hard rock. The weirder and more creative the get, the more I fall in love with this group. Hell, if it wasn't for the bullshit streaming problem, i'd probably be tempted to give this another 10. It's a damn fine album people, with being as ambitious, insane and over the top as Nonagon Infinity, being filtered through a Tales of the Crypt styled 'creature feature' themes, filled with beasts, fights, wizards, vomit, robots, magic, death and other ideas that would make any DnD playing crackhead loose their mind. It's also King Gizzard at their most off the wall, off the rails and out of their mind they have ever sounded. It's probably the heaviest and in your face the band has sounded to date, and probably the tightest they have sounded while still being this off the chain. It's really a nightmare dream of loud guitars and brain pulsating drums type of album that make these three tracks some of of KGATLW best to date. And if those sentences right there doesn't sell you on this album, I don't know what will. And, ironically enough, that's all I can say without giving away some of the distorted surprises that this album packs. If you vaguely interested in King Gizzards wild side, then please check this out ASAP.

Favorite Jams: Altered Beast, Han-Tyumi and the Murder of the Universe, The Lord of Lightning vs. Balrog (GIZZVERSE)

Lest Favorite: N/A
Apr 16, 2019
My fav album of all time! I'm glad you liked!