Weezer - SZNZ: Spring
Mar 24, 2022
I'm rather new to Weezer, with my introduction being OK Human from last year. Now, I knew going into this project that Weezer is infamously a hit or miss band with their records, and uh... yeah. This record does pretty much nothing for me. I like parts of Angels On Vacation, a brief moment in All This Love, and Wild At Heart, but I honestly can't speak positively on much of anything else... I like the artwork quite a bit? I'm still interested to see how the concept plays out? That's pretty much it.

This is one of the corniest projects I've listened to in a bit. I get the positive happy vibes they're going for here, but it is just to a sickening level that more annoys me than puts me in a good mood. Singing about Shakespeare making you happy to the tune of Vivaldi's "Spring" really sets the tone for the types of tracks on this album. It just sounds like manufactured good vibes with distracting lyrics and melodies ("Just, like, Adamandeve") that take me out of pretty much anything going on.

If the ending of Wild At Heart is a transition into Summer (which I'm guessing it is), I already dig the sound of that more than Spring. But I guess I'll keep you posted on that

Comments