Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride
May 2, 2019 (updated May 3, 2019)
After 6 long years of silence, and by silence I mean Rostam leaving the band, a mediocre Netflix anime starring Jaden Smith and a signing to Sony Music/Columbia Records, Vampire Weekend finally release what is one of their best records yet! I love the vibe Ezra Koenig is going for here and the production is varied and creative as hell! If you thought the singles didn't really surprise you, you haven't heard shit until you've heard "Father Of The Bride"! It has its uptempo, anthemic moments, like "Harmony Hall" and "This Life", and its slower, more emotional moments like "Unbearably White" and "My Mistake". But then, out of nowhere, "Sympathy" hits you in the face with a runaway, hard rock mariachi-populated (Yes, I said it. MARIACHIS PLAYING HARD FUCKING ROCK) train riding on the blisteringly-paced railroad that supports it! It's absolutely mind-blowing how Ezra managed to even pull-off something as out-of-left-field as this!

Everything on "Father Of The Bride" is pure joy and everything flows consistently throughout its 58-minute runtime! The guitar arrangements are outstanding, the features are solid and the songwriting and hooks are infectious! I don't care if it didn't resonate with me as much as "Modern Vampires Of The City" when this is the most fun I've ever had with a Vampire Weekend album!

Fav Tracks: Unbearably White, Harmony Hall, Sympathy, This Life, How Long?, My Mistake, Flower Moon, Married In A Gold Rush, Bambina, Spring Snow

Least Fav Track: 2021