black midi - schlagenheim
Jun 21, 2019 (updated Jul 3, 2019)
As a musician who's trying to perfect his own sound, there is that one recent release that becomes the perfect component. There's Danny Brown's "Atrocity Exhibition", The Voidz' "Virtue", Daughters' "You Won't Get What You Want"... and then there's black midi's "Schlagenheim". Ho-ly fuck.

This record has EVERYTHING I was looking for! All three vocalists have the charisma, energy and eccentricity to fit in with the noisy wall of sound! The math instrumentation is orgasmically (yes, I said orgasmically) bonkers and the production has such a "magnificent pearpuss" for the amount of chaos happening through the speakers! That amount of chaos, was exactly what I had envisioned.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but "Schlagenheim" is definitely mine. It may sound like I’m over-exaggerating how good this record is, but I’m really, really not. This record was so mind-blowing and so intense, I actually had to vomit (don't worry, I'm okay now)! This is the reason why I love music, especially noise rock, so damn much! DO NOT sleep on this!

Fav Tracks: 953, bmbmbm, Ducter, Western, Speedway, Of Schlagenheim, Reggae

Least Fav Track: Nuh-uh

Score:
9.9
Mastapeece

Am I even allowed to have two mastapeeces in a single year? Is that even a rule?
Great review!
@laz456 Thanks!
Jun 21, 2019
Dw, I don't mind you saying "orgasmically" as I've seen that Injury Reserve review from you
I wish I said "orgasmically" in my black midi review