Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding
Sep 6, 2019
Alright, this is a mess. Whereas "beerbongs & bentleys" was a collection of druggy trap bangers with some of the catchiest pop hooks this part of the decade, "Hollywood's Bleeding" feels like a poorly planned set of ideas that range from great to bland. There are definitely some tracks that I really liked, though. "Circles" is a great indie pop track with a solid bass groove and gorgeous vocal melodies, the title track is a great opener and "Take What You Want" is an unexpectedly fun track with an absurd guest pairing of Ozzy Osborne (yes, THAT Ozzy Osborne) and Travis Scott. Unfortunately, a great deal of tracks amount to drab, radio-ready hip hop with average lyrics and lackluster features. Overall, "Hollywood's Bleeding" is miles ahead of "Stoney" in terms of quality, but it still feels like a step back from what made his previous record so damn solid to begin with, despite some good production.

Fav Tracks: Circles, Hollywood's Bleeding, Take What You Want, Allergic, Staring At The Sun, A Thousand Bad Times, Goodbyes

Least Fav Tracks: On The Road, I Know