Perfume Genius - Set My Heart on Fire Immediately
May 15, 2020 (updated May 15, 2020)
Somehow, in some way, Mike Hadreas strikes a chord in me with every single album he releases and "Set My Heart on Fire Immediately" is absolutely no exception! This is on par with everything else he's done in terms of quality and then some! This is a drop-dead gorgeous and diverse album that takes a lot of loving inspiration without sacrificing Mike's key vision. But the biggest selling point of any Perfume Genius album is the songwriting. Some of his best lyricism is here with precise attention to detail to help give his heavy subjects, such as same-sex relationships and confidence in one's body, some real emotional depth. This, coupled with his amazing vocals, put me in tears... and it's truly astonishing how he keeps his music fresh after so many career peaks. Overall, "Set My Heart on Fire Immediately" is a sonically-dazzling, varied and beautifully-written album that shows Mike Hadreas at peak musical and personal growth, without losing a single ounce of his artistic vision.

Fav Tracks: Your Body Changes Everything, On the Floor, Whole Life, Borrowed Light, Some Dream, Nothing at All, Moonbend, Describe, Jason

Least Fav Track: Leave (if I had to pick one)

Score:
9.6
Amazing
Plats's Tags
May 20, 2020
You have some good points.