Dorian Electra - My Agenda
Oct 16, 2020 (updated Oct 16, 2020)
When Dorian said that they weren't going to release an album this year and then suddenly announce one, I was kinda skeptical at first because I thought this record would feel very rushed and thrown together without much in the way of quality. However, I found that there was nothing to worry about on "My Agenda". It's weirder, more abrasive, feature-PACKED, hypersexual and gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyer than "Flamboyant" without letting go of the witty writing, innovative production and strong focus on LGBTQ+ topics that made that record not only damn great, but also genuinely endearing and resonant (at least to me).

The only thing that "My Agenda" lacks in comparison to Dorian's previous album is consistency. I think there were spots that didn't quite reach the same level as some other tracks. "Monk Mode" and "Barbie Boy", as funny and amusing as they are, do kinda come off as one-note (I wanna know the story behind Gaylord, though... seems like an interesting character). Still, it doesn't bother the listening experience as a whole and they still drop banger after Banger after BANGER! The features also deserve special mention, as they're almost as rapid as how Dorian likes their face to be fucked and holy fuck do most of them go super hard! Grouping Village People and Pussy Riot together on the same song should be a crime but it actually comes together as a wholesome ode to sexuality. Rebecca Black shouldn't even be this good on a track but here she is, piecing back together her rather undeserved reputation with ease.Also, “Ram It Down" is so infectiously bizarre that it stands as one of my absolute favorite tracks from them!

Overall, "My Agenda" is another innovative, endearing and straight-up fun pop record, and Dorian Electra continues to be one of the hyperpop movement's most charismatic figures!

Fav Tracks: Ram It Down, Edgelord, My Agenda, Gentleman, F the World, Give Great Thanks, Iron Fist

Least Fav Track: Monk Mode (Interlude)

Score: