Blow Up - Blow Up
[Synth Punk Binge: Part 2]

After trying to review DAF's sexy "Alles is gut", and failing miserably, let's try an album that instead of steadily building up to your climax, it just continuously and torturously forces it for every track...

Blow Up were a short lived band who only had this one album (and an EP that no one can find). I don’t know the history about this band, but what I do know is that this fucking rules! A fucking screamo band that melds elements of electro-industrial and synth punk? Sign me the fuck up! Easily the biggest highlight of this EP, however, lies in just how downright raw and noisy this is!

The screaming and guitars are good enough, but the synths and industrial instrumentation really make this album have a sound unlike much else in the screamo scene. The incorporation of synths is beautiful, then we have the drums and bass. The kicks are super distorted, and that combined with the crushing bass would make your speakers (and probably your house) “Blow Up”! It almost becomes an unlistenable wall of distorted noise and screams by the end of it and that’s just a testament to how fucking addictive this is to me! My only flaw is that there are a few tracks that could’ve been fleshed out a bit more if they had a slightly longer length, the volume changes are a bit jarring and this album may be a little too niche (?) for some as the sheer amount of distortion may turn off some, but I still had tons of fun with it at the end of the day and I think you should try this album out if you crave this kind of shit.

“Super Mario Fuckers” makes me wanna fuck a spaghetti.

Fav Tracks: The Haunt, Polyester Shrink-Wrap Skeleton, Super Mario Fuckers, Death by Disco, Reprise, Survey Says, Splastic Colon, Cupid Aims at Throat

Least Fav Track: Y.M.

Based based based
BROCKHAMPTON - ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
BROCKHAMPTON
ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises
Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra
Promises
SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE - ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE
ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Black Country, New Road - For the first time