The Jesus Lizard - Goat
Jun 2, 2020
It's... well... I forget who's fault it is that I listened to *"Goat" by The Jesus Lizard* but it was probably me (full details below the review).

Ah, noise rock. What did I ever do to deserve your love? "Goat" is regarded as a classic in the genre and... I'm in awe right now! On top of David Yow's incomprehensible vocals and nihilistic lyrics, there's also the riffs. THE GODDAMN RIIFFFFFS!!! These RIFFFFFS sound like they're just creeping upon your eardrums and everything from the shotgun drums to the funk-like bass fills to the aforementioned RIFFFFFS are exceptionally recorded thanks to Steve Albini! Not to mention, there's a huge amount of genres they partake in throughout this 30-minute album as it goes from post-hardcore on one track to surf rock and blues rock on a couple others! Overall, I feel like I'm gonna have "Goat" on repeat for a while!

Fav Tracks: Nub, Then Comes Dudley, Lady Shoes, Mouth Breather, Karpis, Seasick, Rodeo in Juliet

Least Fav Track: idk... South Mouth? It's still an excellent track.

Score:
9.6
Amazing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It’s Your Fault!” is the name of my “suggested” albums challenge. I basically listen to the albums that have been suggested or recommended to me over the past two years I've been on this site (I may be returning to a few of these later on). Note that I quoted “suggested” because not all of them were suggested. I snuck a couple of records here and there. But there’s also the fact that I can’t even remember who suggested a few of them. If you suggested these albums to me and I can’t remember, please let me know! Anyway, let’s start this shit!
Plats's Tags
Jun 2, 2020
If you liked this album, I'd recommend Old Wounds by Young Widows. It's pretty inspired by this brand of post hardcore/noise rock, while just being pretty enjoyable in its own right.
GabrielDiablo