Kid Cudi - Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven
May 3, 2020
As part of my little Cudi binge, I had to come back to this album after a long time. I'll just say that it isn't worse than "catching your face on fire while riding your bike with your dick caught in the wheel", but it comes pretty. fucking. close to matching it.

Never has an album both bored me and irritated me quite like "Speedin' Bullet 2 Heaven". Sure, there are maybe one or two decent cuts on here, and I totally get that this album was written at a time when Cudi was going through an emotionally-damaging point in his life, but everything else ranges from painfully mediocre to just outright painful to listen to. Laughable writing, terrible vocal performances and grunge instrumentals that you could find in the world's worst royalty-free website haunt this album at every single turn. Not to mention the UNBEARABLE Beavis and Butthead skits that are just unfunny and unneeded. Overall, this step into grunge is an embarrassment to both the hip-hop and rock genres and it's absolutely astounding how he managed to get himself back up to quality when "KIDS SEE GHOSTS" came out.

Fav Track: Judgemental C**t

Least Fav Tracks: Almost everything else here. But if I had to choose, it would be AMEN.

Score: