Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy
Mar 31, 2018 (updated Jul 29, 2019)
I feel like a basic review isn't enough to describe "Twin Fantasy". This album has changed my perspective on myself and made me more confident in my identity. Now, I'm usually not a fan of displaying my personal life to the public, but I also can't think about this album without remember the events preceding it. So, let me get this out of my chest.

It all started when I was 15, where my depression peaked. I knew something wasn't right with me because, all of a sudden, I was attracted to people of all types. Later on, I realized that I was a personality-driven person. I tried to get the whole sexuality thing out of my head, but after my first two relationships, both of them were bisexual, I kind of thought a little bit more about myself. I had an even tougher time figuring myself out during my first few listens of an amazing record called "Twin Fantasy" by Car Seat Headrest. Everything Will Toledo was saying was so passionate, so honest and so real, it hit me extremely hard. I didn't think I was going to recover from it.

The more this record grew on me, the more I realized that what I was trying to figure out was right in front of me the whole time. I was just afraid to be open about who I was because of the toxic high school environment. That's why I decided to switch to a smaller innovation school for my Junior year onward. Everyone is so accepting and so nice there, I felt so comfortable. Near the end of December of 2018, I finally came out as pansexual both to my friends and family. I was surprised how supportive a lot of my friends were.

If I had to pick the album that made me survive a suicidal high school life, it would be "Twin Fantasy". The production and recording is great, the lyrics are outstanding, the melodies are infectious and this record has one of the most reflective concepts of all time. I don't think that this review can describe just how impactful this was to me.

Thank you, Mr. Toledo.

Fav Tracks: Beach Life-In-Death, Cute Thing, Bodys, Sober to Death, High to Death, Nervous Young Inhumans, Famous Prophets (Stars), My Boy (Twin Fantasy)

Least Fav Track: Nah

Score:
Mastapeece
Jul 22, 2019
Issa teeeen
Jul 22, 2019
IT FINALLY HAPPENED!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!