Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding
Sep 6, 2019 (updated Sep 11, 2019)
From looks of it, this album is probably going to get some pretty polarizing reviews. For the most part I enjoyed myself during HB and there’s definitely some good moments and honestly those moments come from Post himself as I think he’s lyrically and vocally gotten stronger. There’s a good balance between the usual pop songs and spacey, druggy, atmospheric songs which is good to see as well.

However there’s a few problems that bring the album down such as the songs can either get meshed together and sound generally the same or they can be bland and uninspired. Yet the MAIN problem for me is the features as they don’t really do Post justice at all. The only good features to me are Travis/Ozzy, Swae Lee of course, Young Thug & SZA. The rest just are just not good, on “Enemies” DaBaby’s usual gangster rap shtick does not fit the narrative of the song at all, Meek Mill & Lil Baby’s contributions were just forgettable, and even though I honestly like Halsey her verse was so out of place on “Die For Me”

Best Tracks: