There is absolutely no subtlety here: Liturgy desperately wants to do something avant-garde. They will throw everything they possibly can at you to get the point across:
- Let's put a harp in our black metal!
- Let's all sustain a loud note together for as long as we can!
- Let's put a trap song in it!
- Let's scratch on our strings! (really?)
- Let's put some glitchy sounds here and there too!
Despite Liturgy's obvious attempt to achieve something unique, the end result is a painful barrage ... read more