Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over the Country Club
Mar 18, 2021 (updated Mar 19, 2021)
VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvhc1cLeiR8

An exhausting celebration of white supremacy

If Lana Del Rey wasn't a famous musician, she'd be in your Facebook inbox trying to sell you essential oils and sharing racist dogwhistle memes on her timeline. This album is just the latest reflection of that.

It's no secret Lana Del Rey has a racism issue. From her tirade against black artists making better music than her, to her "I'm not racist because I'm friends with rappers" comment, to her former cop boyfriend, Lana always finds a way to sneak a little white supremacy into her shtick and rub it in on Instagram for extra controversy points.

Her latest musical endeavor, Chemtrails Over the Country Club, screams "white supremacy" at the top of its lungs just as loudly as her previous scandals. If there is one core concept that ties this album together, it is that we should celebrate our boring, white, privileged American culture shielded away from the destructive consequences of our racist capitalist system. I can't think of a better analogy than a fucking 1950's country club to express these ideas, but somehow Lana nails it.

This album is packed with references to whiteness, to ignorance, and frankly to the trashiest aspects of American culture. Like a neckbeard tipping a fedora at his favorite Funko Pop, Lana Del Rey gives a nod to conservative conspiracy theories, astrology worship, evangelical Christianity seated in deep red USA, white picket fences, and so, so, so many other symbols of complacent white American culture it is nauseating.

OH, did I mention this album is boring as fuck? Yeah, it sucks musically too.

"We're white hot forever" - Lana Del Rey
Mar 18, 2021
this is obviously a very biased review, you can separate the artists actions and their music but this is just blatant hate. no obviously agrees with what she has said in the past but we can still be honest and rightfully criticize her
PUNK REVOLUTION NOW!!!!! 🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💦💦💦🍆🍆💦💦🍆🍆🍆
[hidden]
Based I think
biased asf
Mar 18, 2021
honestly i don't think lana is fully clean but this is a stretch. this album is nowhere near a celebration of white supremacy, and i don't understand a lot of the links (astrology? white supremacy? huh? alright.) i mean i can understand the worries, plus the lead single is literally about having privilege, but this is not at all a white supremacist album. this review almost makes it seem like it's a crime to mention white culture too, which is too far. yeah, it's boring, but it's not racist!! idk if i'd say the same about lana the person but cotcc is like 99% clean
Mar 18, 2021
Never got that sense once. Even if your argument was strong it still doesn’t warrant a 1
Mar 18, 2021
This review is ridiculous on so many levels.
Mar 18, 2021
worst review on this site
ehhhh...
whats wrong with you
Mar 18, 2021
This guy just gets more and more detestable everyday. This pseudo-woke review is terrible. The fake drama with other people....
Ugh
Mar 18, 2021
Why are trolls allowed to review? The site should take this down.
@DamO completely agree
Mar 18, 2021
This is such a stretch why leave a review if your not going to even say anything remotely helpful bit sad really have you not got anything better to do?
Mar 18, 2021
Neck beard conspirator talks about neck beard conspirators
Mar 18, 2021
This review is giving me white saviour....
@DamO @Isaac Meyerhoffer unfortunately i dont think hes trolling
Mar 18, 2021
I don't mind this review, but I wouldn't call astrology worship conservative :)
Lmao no
Mar 18, 2021
yea most of the astrology girls i see are pretty liberal tbh
very biased
Mar 18, 2021
truthfully though. whenever people make statements like "I'm definitively not racist" you gotta cringe a bit... its like when people "apologize" that they "offend someone", but not actually feel remorse for the stupid shit they said or did.
thats true
good revew
Uhhhhhhhhh
Reaching with t-rex arms
Mar 18, 2021
ratio’d in the comments. delete your wack “review” if that’s how you wanna call it lol
based asf
based
Mar 18, 2021
He’ll probably delete the review when the album comes out cause like one person is gonna like it
what is this
delete this
Mar 18, 2021
Cringe review from a cringe person. No surprises here
Mar 18, 2021
this sounds like a 5 year old got mad at their mom & angrily scribbled over the table with crayons
Mar 18, 2021
This review was obviously made for attention
adding to the ratio
Mar 19, 2021
logging into my shit account for the first time in months just to like this god tier post
Mar 19, 2021
mfs throwing a tantrum in the comments
Mar 19, 2021
I like get your point but like

eh
Mar 19, 2021
me when i’m having mental breakdown:
Mar 19, 2021
Written by a white guy. Performative wokeness from someone who has never experienced racial injustice or discrimination. You have no perspective other than "this seems wrong to me and I should say something loudly about it because people will listen".
Mar 19, 2021
Aren't you white tho? It's always white people doing the most...
Mar 19, 2021
I do believe she had some racist behavior throughout her career but this is extreme.
Mar 19, 2021
member when this guy said gorillaz was kids music
hwat
Good troll lol
Mar 19, 2021
Finally someone said it, make it illegal to be white!
imagine being white
Fuck them crackers
PUNK REVOLUTION NOW
[hidden]
Mar 19, 2021
lmfao this review and "if woman's bodies were glass, there would be way less abortions" share the same energy
haha
i love you
Mar 19, 2021
after watching some of this guys videos i feel like this has to be satire. theres just no way
Mar 19, 2021
Nooo hE jusT wants PUNK rEEVOLUTION NOWWWWWWW!!!!4!4!!
based
Mar 19, 2021
how DARE you speak on my queen lana del rey chile ? shes the queen of the industry purrrr ! ended your faves sksksksksks anyways stream cocc aoty 💅💅💅
🧑🏼‍🦯🧑🏼‍🦯🧑🏼‍🦯🧑🏼‍🦯
lol what
What implicit doom said
Mar 19, 2021
@halbery his videos are trolling lmao, there's a few semi serious ones on occasion for small artists but aside from that it's pretty much all a joke
Mar 19, 2021
@Charlise thank god, there was a small part of me that was worried "The International Women's Day Song" might have been real
you are a genius
Mar 19, 2021
Critically acclaimed music critic. Punk revolutionary. I have murdered many trolls with my bare hands.
Ch*ng ch*ng
Mar 19, 2021
White heat is a saying. When temperature reaches a certain degree, it no longer appears blue or orange, rather white, which is an extreme heat. Originally I thought she was saying "white claw forever" lmao.
Mar 20, 2021
Hey babe revolution now
Mar 20, 2021
lana is a bad person but can you give an example of how the album itself is racist?
Mar 21, 2021
Eating paint chips
Mar 22, 2021
Lana has always referenced American culture in her music, and that includes all white sh*t. Even the no. 1 album of 2019, Norman fucking Rockwell, is a tongue-in-cheek charicature of Americana. This one's title even delves deeper into whatever crazy sh*t Americans are about. So, of course, in this ranchy, country-inspired album it's gonna have what many white conservative americans are into, including crazy ones. She has always had a tint of irony in her persona and lyricism. And all you read from that complexity is a surface-level interpretation, if that's an interpretation at all. What a woke critique! Seriously, how are you even literate? You obviously do not understand Lana as an artist, or even reading any art at all from that matter. It's a shame that you have to donate some of your earnings from your white privilege in this site to get that check mark to make your pseudo-woke, troll review seem legit when you could have spent that on funding woke campaigns or your revolution.
Mar 22, 2021
Y'all need some fucking copium lmfaooooo
Mar 22, 2021
we literally figured out its satire i-
Mar 23, 2021
" I am racist"

- Lana
Mar 24, 2021
I wonder when it's going to stop being fun for me
Five fuckin' seconds from now!
I really need to quit before it all turns to shit
Too fuckin' late for that!
They say my first CD
Was my best one
And the other shit was disappointing... At best! Me likes
Watching it go down in flames
Not my fault!
I blame it on the industry
Rock my hole!
Well since you put it that a way
They were right!
Woah woah, ahn ahn ahn
Down to defy niggaz and my double wide niggaz
Woah woah, ahn ahn ahn
You suck, you suck, you suck, you suck, you suck, you suck, you suck, you suck
I wonder when I'll really stop being good at this
I wonder when I'll really stop being good at this
I wonder when I'll really stop being good at th
Mar 26, 2021
love u prn
BROCKHAMPTON - ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
BROCKHAMPTON
ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra - Promises
Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra
Promises
SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE - ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE
ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Black Country, New Road - For the first time