VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mea8yWPASOs
King jizz in my ass and the Lizard jizz in my ass
King Lizard and The Wizard Lizard are so painfully out of ideas it's hilarious. K.G. was a sequel to Flying Microtonal Banana, already a sign they were running out of creativity, and now we've got a fuckin sequel to a sequel.
The formula they follow in this album, and pretty much in all their albums, is so transparent:
- pick a time signature not in 4/4
- write an exotic riff that sounds like a colonialist's idea of Asia
- make that riff groovy and jam on it for a while
- throw some cool textures in there too
- quiet, nondescript vocals with lyrics about like electricity or some shit that people think about when they're stoned
As lazy as it is, I can't help but respect it. They've released so many albums at this point I'll cut them some slack for repeating a formula that frankly works well for them. The band sounds like they're having fun, the last track is pretty cool, and as cliché as the music can be, there really aren't many bands around doing this stuff right now, so all hail king gizzard and the wizard lizard and the fuck my ass.
7/10, just like all their other fucking albums