Youth Novel - Youth Novel
Mar 10, 2021 (updated Mar 11, 2021)
VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRkyyLi3Zmo

Far too often do we see fantastic bands dissolve before they get to properly release all of their best-written material. There's definitely an uncountable amount of amazing-yet-unreleased songs out there we'll never get to hear because of bands prematurely coming to an end for one reason or another, and it makes me literally want to die............

Fortunately, Youth Novel's music did not have to face the same fate, and we should be tremendously grateful for that. One way or another, Youth Novel were able to pull their shit together, recover from their hiatus, and release a collection of some god damn powerful screamo tunes. Their 2014 EP, while fantastic, did not capture nearly as much intensity as Youth Novel's full length does. This album's intensity comes in many shapes and forms, from the rapid fire hardcore explosions you'll find in many of the shorter tracks, to the devastating post-rock climaxes in the longer songs, and even in their quieter moments you'll definitely feel the emotional intensity bubbling within their Midwest Emo inspired guitar doodling.

It's a fantastic display of top-notch screamo that stays loyal to it's 90's and early 2000's roots while also keeping it fresh. thank you Youth Novel for releasing this album, and please release more.
Comments