Big Thief - Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfoFClV5HM

Big Thief, Pitchfork industry plants from Brooklyn, have released a genuinely incredible record. At over 80 minutes long Big Thief manages to keep your attention in the most authentic way possible-- no gimmicks, no melodrama, just good old-fashioned songwriting. And BOY is the songwriting good. Like, more than good. I genuinely believe some of these songs deserve to go down as indie folk classics, some of the best folk tunes I've ever heard: Simulation Swarm, Time Escaping, No Reason, Spud Infinity, and Time Escaping are particularly infectious but this whole album is really a treat. I've had these melodies stuck in my head all week, and the down-to-earth lyrics have moved me. The production is gorgeous and the performances from each musician is stellar. All around, this is a no BS album that just keeps giving in all the best ways possible. If you're into strictly experimental and punk music, this might not be for you, but if you're like most people and just like some great songs no matter what genre, LISTEN TO IT!

Comments