I was wondering why this contrived consolidation of trendy sounds was getting a disproportionate amount of acclaim given its vapid songwriting. Then I realized it's associated with Black County, New Road, the masters of consolidating contrived and trendy sounds and getting a disproportionate amount of acclaim for it by the music media ecosystem.

Can you really tell me there's one memorable melody or chord progression in this entire record? No. It's average songwriting plastered with gimmicky electronic psuedo-experimentation, which would get zero attention whatsoever if it were released on bandcamp by a rando without music industry connections. I expect interest in this album to plummet in about a month because there is genuinely nothing here worth returning to.

2w
Oof I hate to agree but based
2w
100% Agree, I start to think that people don't really listen the albums that they rate, this is not a masterpiece but a mediocre album.
2w
God I beg you to write a review where you actually talk about the music for one second.
1w
he did talk about the music mostly here tho
1w
This guy writes the intro to a long album review and the decides his work is done.
1w
hey guys, this album you like… its actually bad 😱😱. Omg ur so smart and cool, i bet you have such a cool and nonpretentious music taste wow ur so intelligent
5d
no hate but joan of arca better