AOTY 2022
Weezer - Pinkerton
After the success of Weezer's incredible debut, they take a complete left turn from the clean sound of that album and go straight into a much more emotional, personal and rough sound. Rivers Cuomo's lyricism takes a sharp turn from witty and nerdy to distraught and somewhat creepy at times, a move I think was definitely intentional, with stories of psychological abuse and troubles with love. Some of these stories feel funny at first but start to really become saddening the more you really think about them, something Weezer proves to be a strength of theirs especially on this album. Yet, even with the darker and more emotional turn, the album is still really damn catchy and well performed with more excellent instrumentation, vocals and melodies all around the board. As a whole, the album is much more consistent and the pacing is just so damn nice. I'm not sure what I think is the better album really; that's a story for when I make the ranking list; but Weezer's sophomore album even despite the entirely different sound is an incredible project like their debut. These guys can't possibly slip up at this rate!

favourite tracks: Basically all of them!
least favourite: Uhhh... Butterfly I guess?

Summary: Why Did I Enjoy Hearing About Rivers Cuomo's Sex Life?

2y
WWWWWWWWWWW
2y
“These guys can't possibly slip up at this rate!” you’re in for a ride of disappointment bro.