Amnesia Scanner - Another Life
[Genre: Deconstructed Club]

My ears hurt.

With a very abstract and harsh combination of high-pitched sounds and fuzzy synths and a mix of... reggaeton at points? Amnesia Scanner create one of the most disorienting and abrasive electronic albums I've ever heard. It's an overload of information essentially; it's that feeling of endlessly staring at a computer screen for 24 hours straight encapsulated into musical form. That feeling to me is usually a feeling of dread; but Amnesia Scanner translate that into music quite well as there are musical elements that do definitely point towards my taste, as well as the production in general just being great overall. I have to give it up for the more ambient sections as they definitely give my ears a rest from the chaos of the rest of the album, but I feel like they can also somewhat jog up the cohesiveness of the album and make the album somewhat confused of what direction it wants to go in. Overall though, if you want a disorienting and harsh electronic experience, then I'd recommend this, however if you don't want your eardrums to be attacked I wouldn't recommend it.

favourite tracks: AS Another Life, AS A.W.O.L, AS Faceless, AS Rewild, AS Chaos, AS Unlinear, AS Too Wrong
least favourite: AS Chain

Summary: Owee My Ears

RakkSmells's Tags