Charli XCX - Charli
Sep 13, 2019
"Charli" is a really fun and experimental pop album that expands her new PC Music sound to a more mainstream appeal for her 3rd full-length album, and the result is pretty good most of the time. A lot of the hooks get stuck in your head easily and are extremely fun, and the production is really catchy and has a great fusion of electronic elements. However, it does have a bit of filler here and there and most of the features on this album didn't even contribute all that much aside from tracks like Shake It and Click. Charli was basically centre-stage most of the time and I didn't even notice the featured artists most of the time. Sometimes when I did, they weren't even the best part.

Otherwise, I love the fact that her style of music is now so much more distinct and that she's paving a path for a brand new sound of pop. Good stuff

favourite tracks: Gone, 1999, Click, Blame It On Your Love (just cause it was essentially Track 10 again, but Lizzo didn't fit at all), White Mercedes, Shake It, February 2017
least favourite: Silver Cross

Summary: Pretty Good
Aug 22, 2020