Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding
Sep 6, 2019 (updated Sep 27, 2019)
Something just isn't right...

I don't really know why, but I didn't enjoy this as much as his last album. There wasn't a single track I thought was too interesting in any way. Even for Post Malone standards, this just sounded incredibly generic and by-the-numbers. With Beerbongs and Bentleys, even with it being longer than this album there were some absolute standout tracks on it, some really fun druggy bangers and some incredibly catchy hooks. It was just all around an incredibly fun album. Here, I didn't have too much fun at all. It's just by-the-numbers pop rap/R&B that feels messy, unorganized and just very bland.

My expectations were a little bit all over the place at first. On one hand I was liking the singles, but on the other hand you had songs like Sunflower and Wow on here, which had me so confused as to the direction of this album. Is it this dark and gritty "HOLLYWOOD'S BLEEEDING" type aesthetic, or... whatever we got? Sunflower is literally the weirdest edition to this album you could possibly make, and Wow is literally the worst track to close this album off with. But it feels like the catchiness B&B had is just missing here. I don't remember a SINGLE thing from this album apart from the singles. Every track went through one ear and out the other. Even Take What You Want, a track featuring both Ozzy Osbourne and Travis Scott on the same song, which I actually liked, completely flew by me.

This album isn't without some good moments though, as his vocals are actually really good on this album, and the first half of this shows his vocals at the best they've ever been. Hollywood's Bleeding is a great starter track, Circles is a really catchy indie pop tune, and that's about it. Most of this album isn't bad or anything, just a bit forgettable for me. But then we get onto the weird side of this album. The features on here are very uninteresting and just sort of exist. I mean the features on B&B weren't the MOST outstanding, so I can kind of give that a pass. But here, some of them just don't even fit, like Halsey or Young Thug.

All in all, this ain't that good. It's not TERRIBLE, but it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of my personal enjoyment and also the overall catchiness. It's a bit of a disappointment, but it was to be expected that Post Malone would go in a more pop direction I guess.

favourite tracks: Hollywood's Bleeding, Circles, Take What You Want, Staring At The Sun, Goodbyes
least favourites: On The Road

Summary: Mediocre

(Original Score: 48) A few tracks have really grown on me, like the one with SZA and Take What You Want. This has some real highlights but most of it is still quite generic and boring.
Comments