Sam Hunt - Southside
Apr 6, 2020
Before I begin this review, yes, I have listened to the new Yves Tumor album. Haven't given my review yet, but overall I can say I'm quite positive about it. I thought I'd mention that so people know I didn't sacrifice an album actually worth listening to for the new Sam Hunt album.

Yet another laughable attempt at crossing country and modern pop / R&B, Sam Hunt delivers one of the least worthwhile albums of 2020. The production is painfully overproduced and generic (Let It Down makes me question whether this is even country or not) and Sam does the least he possibly can to come off as a compelling or interesting character, or even a likable character. Some songs are just fine, but most of it just either brought down by the production or Sam's sleazy persona. It doesn't deserve your time, nor did it mine. S'all I gotta say.

favourite tracks: 2016
least favourites: Let It Down, Body Like A Back Road, Hard To Forget, Drinkin' Too Much

Summary: Skip It
Apr 6, 2020
B o d y l i k e a b a c k r o a d, d r i v i n g w i t h m y e y e s c l o s e d
TheGod