Denzel Curry & Kenny Beats - UNLOCKED
Feb 7, 2020
So I've been wanting one thing recently; Denzel Curry over boom-bap beats. And what can I say other than this provides just that. Before I begin this short review, I recommend everyone sees the YouTube visualizer/short film for this. It's seriously one of the most creative ways to roll out an album I've seen in a while. It was probably even better than the album.

On this album/EP or whatever, Denzel finds a great balance between his aggressive and his somewhat calmer flow over somewhat Madlib-esque beats by Kenny Beats, and the stylistic change is something I've always wanted from Denzel. This isn't a full transition to that sound, and as much as I like his aggressive trap rap style I'd love to see more stuff somewhat like this. Sometimes you don't need to be loud and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to make hip hop bangers as much as I love that side of him. The production is also pretty great too, and some of the best work I've heard from Kenny Beats. He seems to be a very versatile producer, hopping from wild trap rap with Rico Nasty, to glitchy experimental hip hop with JPEGMAFIA and now to slick boom bap with Denzel Curry, which I'm starting to really appreciate about his beats. As well as them just being fire in general.

So all in all, great project from Denzel and Kenny, and I'd really like to see more stuff like this in the future. Big thumbs up from world famous AOTY user RakkSmells.

favourite tracks: Track07, Take_it_Back_V2, DIET_, Pyro (leak 2019), 'Cosmic'.m4a, So.Incredible.pkg
least favourite: Track 01 although it is a great intro

Summary: More Of This Please
Comments