Logic - Under Pressure
Nov 14, 2018 (updated Nov 14, 2018)
I am quite a fan of Logic, but I do admit his music is quite middle-of-the-road. While I really like 6ix's production, Logic himself is kind of the lower point in his songs (e.g. in his latest record YSIV his lyrics are quite repetitive.) However this is quite different to his other projects, and is admittedly pretty good. The production is my favourite on this album. Good on ya 6ix. It's one of the more structure-varied tracks on this album, with a different formula for every track. I really like songs that try different things on every track.

I've seen a lot of criticisms about Logic biting flows from Kendrick and everything, and to be honest, I can understand that. When listening to Under Pressure, I can easily see the Kendrick inspiration. But heck, that's my favourite Logic song of all time. I've yet to fully listen to Logic's mixtapes, but from what I've heard on some of the songs, it's probably got some great material. Also lyricism is quite top-notch on this album. (and let's not forget that amazing intro, despite it being pretty out of line with the rest of the album's tracks. not that big of a bother tho)

I'd recommend this album, but if I had to recommend a first record to listen to, it'd be either this or one of his Young Sinatra mixtapes.

FAVOURITE TRACKS: Soul Food, I'm Gone, Gang Related, Buried Alive, Growing Pains III, Metropolis, Under Pressure, Till The End

LEAST FAVOURITE: Never Enough
May 12, 2019
Honestly, I might need my ears checked because I hear so many people say he takes from Kendrick, but I don't hear it.
May 12, 2019
Yeah honestly the only time I see it is in some of the instrumentals in Metropolis and Under Pressure. It's a very Good Kid Maad City type project though lol
May 21, 2019
82? Hmm i was thinking at least 70s MAX or any lower
May 21, 2019
@ahhhhh I haven't updated this score in a while, but hey, opinions are opinions