KSI - Dissimulation
KSI does show a lot of promise as an artist, especially as this album's a step up from the awful Keep Up and his... so-so diss tracks. Yeah, that brief era of UK YouTubers and diss tracks in 2017-2018 was a bit strange, despite how entertaining it was. He shows a lot of versatility... but, wait. Is it even versatility? He keeps the same tone throughout all the songs but he can't seem to choose a lane for himself. You've got the very grime-heavy tracks, minimal trap rap tracks, auto-crooning tracks, afrobeats tracks, and with all of that it just doesn't feel like KSI knows what he wants to do. Plus, a lot of the time his features end up overshadowing him, especially with the artists that sing his chorus like Jeremih, Trippie Redd and Aiyana-Lee. It feels like the track belongs to them. Instead of KSI saying, "Yo, check out who I got on my song!", it feels more like the features saying, "Man, look at me absolutely stealing this show! Oh, and KSI's here too." While there are some songs I think are quite solid, especially the singles (but mainly the tracks Cap and Houdini), the rest of the album just feels uninspired and a bit all over the place.

favourite tracks: Houdini, Cap, I guess I liked Down Like That too
least favourite: Poppin (No, but do we need any more Lil Pump music? Like, that's a genuine question.), How It Feel

Summary: Autotune Doesn't Fix Everything KSI
Comments