Pop Smoke - Faith
Jul 16, 2021 (updated 5d ago)
This album feels more like a Pop Smoke charity event than it does an actual Pop Smoke album.

Not one feature here feels genuine, and it just comes off as these artists going "Wowee look at me, I'm on the new Pop Smoke album! Rest in peace, yo!" through their whole feature. They're not all bad features, but it's just something I can't get past. I really don't see a universe where people like Kanye West, Pusha T, Future, Pharrell, Swae Lee, Chris Brown and Dua Lipa of all people would be on an album by him if he were still alive. The song "Demeanor" especially put me off just from how bizarre the combination of the two artists was - in theory and execution alike.

I've always had a problem with posthumous albums that don't feel like something the artist would ever want to make, and as someone who quite enjoyed Meet the Woo 2, I didn't really dig this much at all. Maybe his last 18+ track posthumous album was better, who knows.
Jul 16, 2021
Nothing but facts. Posthumous albums feels 100% controlled by the label. The features dont even slap.
Jul 17, 2021
shi for quavo I would cuz they friends
Jul 17, 2021
@waaaaasop Just changed it cause I remembered he was on Meet the Woo 2 whoops
Pusha T was one of Pop Smoke's closest friends and they knew each other very well. They most definitely would have collaborated if he was still alive.
I think they bring Dua Lipa because well, Pop Smoke enjoy a lot of Dua Lipa's song. This match seems weird but if Pop Smoke actually has close relation with Dua, it kinda possible to happens.
Donda