Denzel Curry - Melt My Eyez, See Your Future
Mar 25, 2022
I was really excited to listen to this album, given that Denzel has been instrumental to the development of my music taste over the last couple years and that the first two singles are arguably his best two songs. Walkin and Zatoichi remain amazing and sound very boundary-pushing for Denzel standards, but it's hard not to be underwhelmed by the outcome and overall sound of this album and it's even harder to understand why the rest of the tracks didn't experiment as much as the singles, sounding instead so median and inoffensive, even the ones with hard-hitting percussion. Aimless psych soul-influenced atmospheric jazz rap short tracks intertwine with some bland pop rap / trap duds that make a record that, in its entirety, feels way too generic and sets the bar way too low for someone as talented as Denzel.
Track Ratings
12Sanjuro / 40
13Zatoichi / 70
14The Ills / 40
2mo
Completely agree, great review! :)
@Cry thank you friend ❤️
this
2mo
Zatoichi is the only good song on the album
2mo
i disagree (i think all your red-rated tracks are great), but this is a very strong critique, and is clearly giving denzel props for being as talented an artist as he is! good review, man!
@bean thank you <3
2mo
I respect your opinion but somehow I like this album
@R3kulous wdym somehow? most people do :D
1mo
wowww music rlly is subjective lol
3w
I want to see how your brain works how can you give this album a 40 gawd damn
1w
I respect your opinion but I just can’t understand how someone could say Ain’t no way is the worst track of the album. Besides Walkin, I truly think it is the best. Everybody came with killer verses.