Comethazine - Bawskee 4
Oct 23, 2020
This new "Bawskee 4" sounds really similar to every other "Bawskee", it's just the regular Comethazine style diversified with some more melodic songs and even whisper rap on "Sip Lean".
I used to enjoy Comethazine a lot but I feel like I've just grown my music taste so much that I can no longer enjoy his music, if this dropped 2 years ago the exact same way I would've loved it but nowadays I see the obvious flaws.
Everything is just as the usual: really short duration tracks, really repetitive, chorus heavy and goes by quickly. It's just generic trap that goes straight to the point with good energy that occasionally spawns a good song. I feel like Comethazine is great in the lane he's in though, his fans don't want anything more than this.
And it's a Comethazine album so of course the whole thing is going to be made up of not fully fleshed out ideas and underdeveloped song structures.
The production is probably a step up from the prequels, even though there are still really generic instrumentals on the record, there are some really well executed brutal trap beats on here and some that don't exactly fit his style ("556" and "We Gone Win") but are well made as well.
Only aspect that is a step backwards are some of his cadences in the first half, some of them are really annoying and ruined tracks like "Jumpman 4's"
So, yes, it's basically what I would've expected, a couple bangers on here with catchy flows but it's mostly forgettable.

Favorite tracks: Riddle and Air Max.
Least favorite tracks: Jumpman 4's, Sip Lean and Murder Passion.
Rater's Tags
Oct 24, 2020
Completely agree, great review! :)
Oct 24, 2020
i'm glad we agree, thank you!