YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Top
Sep 11, 2020 (updated Sep 11, 2020)
This is the first Youngboy Never Broke Again album I've ever heard and I'll say this wasn't exactly the best first impression.
I was familar with him before going into "TOP", I had listened to a few of his hit singles beforehand and while I wasn't exactly a fan I thought those were bearable. But this... this is excruciating.
The main question I have after listening to this is: why is this dude mainstream? There is nothing unique about him. There are literally thousands of rappers in the underground making albums exactly like this.
On top on that, as if the vapidness of his artistic direction wasn't enough, this man really milked this has much as possible with 21 tracks.
While this isn't the worst thing I've heard all year, it may be the project I've struggled the most to get through. I found myself so often not being able to focus and zoning out randomly in between songs due to the repetitiveness of his music.
Youngboy Never Broke Again is like if Young Thug didn't care about his craft and was doing his absolute most to sound as obnoxious on every track.
Only having 2 features in a 21 track project make this more of a hassle than it needed to be. Youngboy should just feature some random rappers that have no fanbase and give them the spotlight because I'm 100% sure they would do better than him.
Every single song on here is copy and paste: very similar melodies, repetitive flows, very predictable song structures, very alike lengths, always the same obnoxious vocal lines and lyrical themes on here are literal carbon-copies from the previous song. This project is as homogeneous as it gets, if this was a 58 minute song, there would be absolutely no difference.
Also, just to end my suffering, as I don't want to think more about this garbage, I just wanted to state that this guy can't enunciate words for shit. When he tries to rap fast all the syllables start to blend in and I can't understand anything.

(Rating is too high since I zoned out during so many songs and probably didn't realize how bad they were but I can't be arsed to go back and listen to this again)

Favorite tracks: My Window.
Least favorite tracks: Drug Addiction, Cross Roads, The Last Backyard..., Kacey Talk, I'm Up, All In, Dead Trollz, Fuck Ya!, Big Bankroll, Boom, Reaper's Child, Murder Business, To My Lowest, Peace Hardly and Callin.
Rater's Tags
Sep 11, 2020
his alias do be pretty cool doe
you mean like Lil Top?
@Rater lmao
Sep 11, 2020
i meant like Youngboy NBA, it sounds lit, and then the Never Broke Again, I find it really cool.
Sep 11, 2020
@elextranodpl lol u got me so confused
Sep 11, 2020
@Rater didn't know we could tag now
@elextranodpl wdym @elextranodpl
Sep 11, 2020
I like how this is everyone's first time listening to a Youngboy Never Broke Again album. It's also my first time listening to one of his albums lol. I'll be dropping the review sometime this weeknd.
Sep 11, 2020
@Rater like when you tag me it pops up in my notifications, that didn't happen before.
Sep 11, 2020
@rater Love the explanation to back up your rating. Great review! :)
@Rater
Sep 11, 2020
sorry for the @ mistake. I think that Youngboy is great at spilling his pain but there's a little too much of that. This is like a worse version of a Juice WRLD album if that makes sense. Too many tracks that sound similar.
Sep 11, 2020
@elextranodpl i'm relatively new here but it always showed up for me
Sep 11, 2020
@Cry thank you! well youngboy can't sing and juice wrld could. he's more similar to lil tjay
eliiscool5
ALICIA
Oh Sees - Protean Threat
Oh Sees
Protean Threat
Slauson Malone - Vergangenheitsbewältigung (Crater Speak)
Slauson Malone