Porter Robinson - Worlds
Before we start...

Thank you everyone so, SO much for 500 followers. I know I've said this so many times before, but I just cannot put into words how much the support you lend me makes me happy. I've met so many good friends and have come across some of my most beloved pieces of music because of this god forsaken site. It continues to amaze me that not even a year ago, I had less than 50 followers and was essentially posting the notes I had taken on trap music, and I've now managed to grow that number to 500, and counting. It's truly wonderful.

So, you. The person taking a look at this review.

Thank you. Thank you, so much.

Now, on with the review!

Modern EDM is often looked down on by other popheads because of the easy-to-understand song structure modern EDM is distinctly characterized by, whether the songs themselves are of quality or not. And I would mostly agree, as more often than not modern EDM has presented me with boredom at best and frustration at worst. Key word mostly. Because though the amount of great EDM songs is few, when EDM is able to prosper, it goes above and beyond, and is able to create some of modern music's most captivating and adventurous songs to date. Daft Punk's Random Access Memories is a great example of this, fusing electrohouse beats with charismatic robot noises and iconic vocal features to create one of the defining albums of the 2010's. And just one year later, a small, up and coming producer and songwriter would follow that up with one of the greatest EDM albums of all time.

There aren't many records that are able to ever leave me with my jaw on the floor, but Worlds manages to do that on more than just one occasion. Porter makes it so easy to be able to get lost within the World he creates on this aptly-titled project. Each track showcases one tidal wave of absolutely ethereal synths after another. Where other EDM songs may attempt to drown you out with pointless noise and pass it off as a greatly structured drop, Worlds' colossal kahunas of noise are laser-focused and precisely made. It's not rare to notice goosebumps come across arms and legs when, because Worlds is that effective when it comes to creating memorable drops. Porter doesn't skip out on the vocals either, as both the vocal guests and sampled female vocaloids demonstrate great amounts of vocal prowess, and the latter a great amount of emotional potency. Have you thought about whether it was possible to be able to cry to a robot? The closer has got you covered.

Unfortunately, Worlds is not a perfect record. Though the large scope the record boasts is extremely, EXTREMELY impressive, it can sometimes be to the record's detriment. Even though the hour-long length of the record is sped up by the luscious nature of the music presented, it's still an hour long. When the core melody of a track doesn't hit, it can feel pretty painful to have to sit through four to six minutes of it. Porter adds plenty of bells and whistles to every track to mitigate the potential damage that a sleepy track can do, and that fortunately prevents any track from becoming truly bad. But there are a decent amount of tracks that nonetheless end up as pretty mediocre.

In conclusion, Worlds is the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy of EDM. Both records were successful at crafting captivating music with a grand atmosphere and extravagant instrumentation, mixing and matching tons of vocal guests and repurposing obscure vocal samples to create monumental achievements for the respective genres the artist work within. Worlds more than deserves the legendary status it currently boasts, because Worlds is spectacularly consistent and produced magnificently. A truly wonderful piece of art from thee Porter Robinson.

Favorite Track(s): Divinity, Sad Machine, Years of War, Flicker, Polygon Dust, Hear the Bells, Lionhearted, GOODBYE TO A WORLD
Least Favorite Track: Natural Light

Have a good night everyone. Sleep tight, and don't let the Kid Larois bite.
Also @SMTCubes lol it’s THE album
the
Mar 2, 2021
Congrats on 500 followers mate! Very well-deserved, and thank you for being such a good friend!
πŸ§¨πŸŽ‡
Based & Big congrats
congrats weasei!!!!
Mar 3, 2021
Congratulations on 500 followers! Love this review!! :)
Congratulations weasel
congrats
congrats!!
Mar 3, 2021
Bravo for the 500' my friend, it is entirely deserved! It's been since I arrived on AOTY that I've been following you and enjoying your reviews! Still today you offered a beautiful review! Thank you for everything and for your constant support (:
Mar 3, 2021
Thank you guys so much!!!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
congrats on 500! your reviews are great
big congrats mr weasel
congrats on 500 followers, and MARRY ME PLEASE
Mar 3, 2021
your reviews are absolutely amazing, here's to many more followers!
Mar 3, 2021
Congrats on 500 and pop this week!
Shirtless David Gilmour would like to congratulate you on 500 followers
Mar 3, 2021
@badkarma @Rater @SMTCubes @redbded @ThomasGuy thank y'all so much for the support!!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
Mar 6, 2021
SO HAPPY FOR YOU AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh
Mar 6, 2021
congrats on 500 mr rodent man
Mar 7, 2021
i’m late but congrats!
Mar 18, 2021
HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THIS REVIEW? Congrats!!
BROCKHAMPTON - ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
BROCKHAMPTON
ROADRUNNER: NEW LIGHT, NEW MACHINE
Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Fearless (Taylor's Version)
Twenty One Pilots - Shy Away
Twenty One Pilots
Shy Away
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!
SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE - ENTERTAINMENT, DEATH