Nails - Unsilent Death
8.0 - Great

Unsilent Death by Nails is an album that I would describe as pure rage. It’s so brutal and loud that it can turn off many, which was the case for me at first. However, as you let the mood of this album sink in, you’ll find an extremely engaging listen, even if it at times tracks can be way too short.

This album is very short. And I mean it. It’s only around 14 minutes in length, with each track being at most a minute and 30 seconds. Most of the time, this works to the albums’ benefit, as it’s like having a ton of head banging sessions with lots of variety, while at other times, I wish tracks were a little longer and had more changes. But still, it’s extremely refreshing and interesting throughout. In terms of style, the guitars and drums basically take over the entire mix, being extremely distorted and loud like a descent into hell. In terms of vocals, frontman Todd Jones does a great job at amplifying the chaos, and I wish he had more presence in the mix. I also feel like I won’t be coming back to this album too often due to how fucking mad and abrasive it is, but I see why many would do the opposite. Overall, Unsilent Death is extremely brutal, loud, and out there, giving an experience similar to almost nothing I have ever listened to.

Best tracks: Scum Will Rise, Suffering Soul, Unsilent Death, I Will Not Follow, No Servant

Least fav: uhhhhhhh
Feb 19, 2021
wow reedy listening to grindcore😳
AYO SO FUCKJING BASED
wainotwhy
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - CARNAGE
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
CARNAGE
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - L.W.
L.W.