Spillage Village - Spilligion
Sep 28, 2020
6.6 - Meh, Good

This album is the equivalent of Lucky Charms, with Baptize and End Of Days being tasty marshmallows, and everything else being sort of a bland, grainy, mess.

I’m pretty disappointed with this new Spillage Village album to be honest. The singles End Of Daze and Baptize are absolutely phenomenal, and they easily outshine everything on here. Which is super unfortunate. Hapi was also a good track, but I was hoping the album didn’t go in more of a chill, stripped down route, which it did. To be honest, 2/3 of the tracks on here are just sleepy and lifeless, it’s a bit of a chore to get through. All of these rappers are super talented, especially EARTHGANG and JID who make stellar performances, but there is nothing supporting them instrumentals as this album just starts to fall apart. It really sucks bc I was super hopeful this would be at least an 8.5, but things happened.

Also I feel like I’m sounding super harsh on this one, but it isn’t the worst thing ever, I’m just massively disappointed.

Best Tracks: Baptize, Ea’alah (Family), Mecca, Shiva, Hapi, End Of Daze